PERSONAL INJURY PRACTICE
Knoke, Ingebritsen & Kind Law Offices has developed a significant personal injury practice. In addition to providing services to clients injured in automobile and motorcycle collisions they have handles an extensive array of cases including dog bites, slip and fall injuries in parking lots, restaurants and other public places, wrongful death cases, damages sustained by victims of assault and battery, fire claims, injury to minors resulting from neglect and student injuries at schools, product safety injuries and injuries from landlord's failure to maintain rental properties. Our office has obtained significant results for individuals who were turned down by other law firms based upon questionable liability and concern regarding the amount of damages.
In the last five years, Knoke, Ingebritsen & Kind Law Offices have handled cases resulting in recoveries for clients totaling in excess of $6.2 million. The amount of damages recovered for clients' range from $700.00 - $710,000.00.
USING EXPERIENCE TO BEST SERVE YOU
- Attorney Knoke's practice is largely devoted to recovery for injured parties. His experience in the area started when assisting soldiers with claims for injuries off post while a member of the Judge Advocate General Corp. He advanced his knowledge and skills of the claims process and court process while formerly doing defense work on personal injury cases on behalf of General Casualty Insurance Company (1974-1980) but has limited his practice in the last 35 years to plaintiffs' injuries.
- Attorney Jeffrey Ingebritsen has been handling personal injury cases since 1985, settling a wrongful death action in 2015 for $400,000.00.
- Attorney Peter Kind, since joining Knoke, Ingebritsen & Kind Law Offices has handled several significant injury cases on behalf of his growing client base.
RECENT SUCCESS STORIES
Two cases handled within the last five years point out the firm's willingness to take on challenges turned down by other law offices:
- A gentleman slipped on an ice accumulation while leaving a restaurant and fractured his hip. This case was rejected by another law office. Our firm recovered $440,000.00 for this client.
- A young mother was seriously injured in a head on auto collision. The state patrol conducted an onsite investigation and issued a report concluding our client was operating left of center. Three law firms that advertise on local television channels declined representation.
Working with an accident reconstruction engineer, our firm was able to raise doubt as to the accuracy of the State Patrol report and recovered a settlement for the client of $250,000.00.
- Another case involved a computer technician leaving his work place on a motorcycle. At a stop sign, the car operating behind the motorcyclist struck the motorcycle knocking our client to the pavement. This client previously treated for shoulder problems; however, the client's previous shoulder surgeon would not support the cause and effect relationship of the motorcycle/auto collision.
Our firm, as a result of a wide array of contact with health care professionals, contacted an orthopedic surgeon at UW Hospital and Clinics who specializes in shoulder/rotator cuff injuries. This doctor performed follow up surgery with our client and we were able to obtain recovery for this gentleman in the amount of $100,000.00. This gentleman had retained a local law firm and came to our office 5 days before the statute of limitation was to expire (3 years in Wisconsin). Our office quickly filed a lawsuit for this client or he would have received nothing.
In addition to the three attorneys, our law office has one primary member of the administrative staff who reviews medical records and summarizes various reports and works directly with our clients. Two other members of our staff also perform significant services assisting in our representation of injured parties.
The rapport our administrative staff members establish with our injured clients not only assists our three attorneys but our clients always have someone they may reach out to if the attorneys are scheduled in Court or assisting other clients.